Saturday 21 September 2013

Frames, More Healing, Fire, and More


Window Frames

Corné and I spent another week working on the frames for the windows. I gave the guys the week off as Corné and I wanted to work on the frames together (our idea was to build the house together, and it's been more of me and the guys), as well as we didn't really have cash to give them, for this past week or the week ahead. Feel the worst for Lerato, his wife hasn't been paid for two months and she's expecting. We were able to help last month with groceries, but not this time.

Another nice aspect of just the two of us working on the frames is that the pace is slower and we get to evaluate each step. We've changed the size of a couple windows, and then changed another back from a “medium” to a “large.” What has been on both of our minds is how light the house will be. We want it bright, but can't have windows everywhere, it is the cob holding up the walls and the roof! Cob homes supposedly have more “dramatic” light since the walls are thick and direct the light more than a thin wall. In the end, it should be light enough, and in the back of the house, if it's dark, we'll add a solar tube. We did drop one south window in the lounge (the darker side in the southern hemisphere), and added a smaller window to the west wall.

Not many princesses can handle a
circular saw.
Two weeks ago when we went to Bethlehem, I previously mentioned Corné's thumbs being healed. I didn't mention that I also got prayer. Since moving to town, I started struggling with anxiety when going to sleep. Before Daniel started praying for people, we spoke of things he believed God wanted to heal. He mentioned that there are people who are struggling with anxiousness, who have irrational thoughts that are keeping them from sleeping. That was definitely me! Since that night, I've slept normally! A couple nights ago, I couldn't sleep, but wasn't anxious, and I even could listen to music that previously would have made me melancholy (as mentioned in a previous post). Think God healed me more than I realized.


Fire on the Mountain

Living in town where we can see the Witteberg Mountains, we have seen the fire on the mountains drama this season. A couple weeks ago, one the mountains was on fire but didn't get a decent photo of it. This week, on the second night of the fire on the mountains, I went out to see it, and saw the glow in the sky! It was a bit frightening. In the photo, the glow is a bit brighter than it was in reality, but it was still an awesome sight. What wasn't helping was the crazy wind of the last few days.





Solar Panel Shed

While in Bethlehem the other week, I visited the Solar Guy. I asked him about security, theft is a problem here. He said some people put the panel in a shed and rolled them out. The more I've thought about it, the more I like the idea. We'll built a low cob shed and put the panels on a wheeled holder. Several advantages: 1. We can lock up the panels at night and when we are not home. 2. We'll be able to rotate the panels throughout the day. We saw the difference at Mosamane while living on one panel. It does boost the power quite a bit. Also, the way our house it facing-Northeast, in the summer the panels would get very little or no sun the last 3-4 hours of the day. 3. When there is a possibility of hail, we can wheel the panels in to safety. My mother-in-law is pretty good at predicting hail, you get a feel for it over time. When there is a storm, just to be on the safe side, we can put them away.

Reaping where we haven't sown

Several weeks ago I noticed grass growing beside the storeroom and thought I should maybe pull it out sometime.  Of course, it was low on the priority list, so it didn't get done.  Then about two weeks ago, notice grain heads forming!  I was wondering how in the world that happened.  Then I realized we used wheat straw bales to stand on while building, and there were plenty of grain heads in the straw.  Some got loose and into the soil and grew!  So now the storeroom is surrounded by a thin row of wheat.  Pretty cool.  Pray it is prophetic for us, and that we will reap where we haven't sown!





1 comment:

  1. Sounds Very Busy in Rosendal! Great things happening and thanks for giving us an insight into your world.

    ReplyDelete